Past My Bed Time

It seems perfectly fitting that I write this post
in the state I am...
so tired, I can hardly keep my eyes open
this weeks Doodley Doo
was "I could use a nap"


my finished piece didn't quite turn out
my melting ice cream looks more bashful than tired


you can see in my sketch he was suppose to look cranky
the concept of cranky, tired sweets came from my years
of babysitting kiddies who had had way to much
sweets in their little tummies
and couldn't fall to asleep
not to mention melt down of epic proportions


* Anyone know if it is possible to get PINK watercolor?
I might need to go to a "real" art supplies shop?
All I can find is rose colors and I want a true pink
for my cotton candy character
I vaguely remember from high school having a tube
of white watercolor and thinking that was strange
perhaps you can mix the white in to make pink?

My friend Kayla drew these cute little guys
the other night at my house
I actually made it up past 11pm with her watching movies!
I know that might sound pathetic but I love my sleep ^-^


So here is some pretty big news!
After 9 years of trying to grow out my hair
I finally went back to my beloved pixie cut!
I was really nervous and excited about getting it chopped off
I have just never felt comfortable with "long" hair
as soon as the stylist cut it up to my ears
I just started to grin from cheek to cheek
I felt like I was seeing myself again
my "true" self!!!
My husband has been REALLY against the idea
of me having short hair
but he is being a good sport about it
and I think in time he will grow to like it
his first words were
"if you didn't look so beautiful I would be really pissed off!"
haha I guess that means I don't look like a boy?!

Well I'm off to visit my sis and baby nephew for a few days
so i'll catch up with you all the end of this week!
HUGS~ Chelsea Ann

6 comments:

♥zoe♥ said...

Eeeekk...i♥ your tired sweet sketches! The concept it's really unique and how CUTE*
I love my long hairs so much and hardly to have any guts to cut off*LOL* I think you suits any hair style though!

x♥x♥
Zoe

sassypackrat said...

Love your awesome drawings! Not everyone can rock a short do but you do!

valerie said...

you're adorable with your new hairstyle! i think you look great with any length of hair. i've been addicted to my long hair for years... i've been known to cry even after cutting off only several inches! it's not a good trait to have. i would imagine that it's very liberating to cut it all off! as always, your doodles are fantastic. i really need to make it a goal to draw more. have a lovely day!

valerie said...

you're adorable with your new hairstyle! i think you look great with any length of hair. i've been addicted to my long hair for years... i've been known to cry even after cutting off only several inches! it's not a good trait to have. i would imagine that it's very liberating to cut it all off! as always, your doodles are fantastic. i really need to make it a goal to draw more. have a lovely day!

Anonymous said...

Your doodles are adorable, Chelsea. And don't you look adorable, too! Love the new 'do! xo

Liefgeval said...

Girl! Your drawings are tremendously cute again. The pixie cut looks great on you, it really suits you a lot!