My Own Space: Part 2


Sharing my studio for Little Blue Bird Diaries "Share your Studio Saturday(s)". I actually shared my small space in April but I would like to share some of my ideas and inspiration now. 


I bought this doll suite-case at a local thrift shop. The condition of it made in unsafe for a child to use but it was just the thing I needed to add height and extra storage to my very small space. 



I use to buy paint one color at a time. Now I just buy primary colors and just make whatever color i need. BIG space saver!



I love vintage toys but I always feel a bit silly buying them because I don't have little ones yet. But these two silos make great storage containers for pens, pencils and scissors. 



Use what you got. You don't always have to go out and buy furniture. I wasn't getting much use out of my vanity-but now its the perfect storage piece for all my small craft supplies. Plus the mirror makes my space seem bigger. 

My paint brush holder was a $200 dollar hand carved marble goblet from work. It had a big chip in the back and someone just threw it out! Are they crazy!


Think out side the box! You don't have to use traditional ideas of storage. This WWII map canister makes a great card holder. And my fleas market red suite-case was the perfect find for holding all my favorite vintage children's books.


8 comments:

Margo said...

Yeah! I love your storage ideas - especially the silos :-)
Have a great weekend!
Margo

Carla said...

What a great idea to use the doll wardrobe like that to add storage and display height. I would have rescued that goblet, too. I can't always afford perfection so I face the crack (or chip) to the back!

Kathy said...

Love the doll case great ideal!!! Love the silos too I believe my niece had the farm for those. Thanks for sharing!!!

Kathy

My Arts Desire said...

Necessity is the mother of invention and you've "thunk outside the box" nicely! I never pass up a beauty because of a chip either...especially when the price is right. Can't beat free!

Thanks for sharing!
xo
Sue

Cami said...

Love the vintage colors! And I just did a post about vintage toys. Loved the Fisher Price stuff so much. Love that you used the silos!!! How cool is that?!

laurie -magpie ethel said...

I never get tired of looking at peoples creative spaces. I like the turquoise and red color scheme. I also have a great studio space in my backyard and totally am on the same page as you about repurposing finds for one of a kind storage!

Corey said...

I love the idea of using those toy silos for storage- I'm going to keep my eye out for them now! Would be great for the kids markers, etc.!

Peggywhiz said...

I enjoyed looking at your blog.You like the flea markets and garage sales as I do. I will send you some buttons when I get back from my daughter's next week. Ihave zillions I scrapbook with. Let me know what kinds you like. Peggy W.