April Showers


Earlier this month we celebrated 
the arrival of a sweet baby girl into our family.
My sister and her little one flew in from Texas 
so that we could all meet her little one
and shower them with gifts and love.


I was so excited to put this shower together for my sister.
She has thrown me two gorgeous showers
and I was thrilled to return the kindness.



The center piece of the table was this three tiered paper cake
I used styrofoam as the structure and attached
all the paper and trims with sewing pins. 
I wish I had more detail shots
but the guest were arriving just as I was taking pictures.


We got a lot of compliments on these little white cakes.
They kinda look like pinafore style cakes 
but are actually Fancy Cakes
by Little Debbie. 
We attached paper butterflies (found here)
with a bit of sugar icing. 


The same paper butterflies were attached to the paper straws.


My baby girl was in the hospital a couple weeks before the shower
with pneumonia so I was a bit stressed 
that I wouldn't be able to complete all my projects in time.
But luckily a few late nights and I was able to accomplish all but one.


It was also in April of last year that my baby shower took place.
I delivered just a couple weeks later
and I never did get around to posting these.
As you can see my sister and family really made my day so very special
and I was thrilled as I said earlier to do the same for her. 







1 comment:

Anonymous said...

this is dreamy!!!