That's just "Bugger"ific



In all the years that I've been blogging
what I have always wanted to share the most
are the little things that make life with kiddos so fun
because as we all well know, little ones
and the big ones especially
aren't always
perfect angels!
But little things like goodnight kisses,
piggy tails, mud pies, and milestones
are what get us through those long days
of cleaning up after them non stop
doing homework... again!
and those shrieks and shrill noises
that make you neighbors wonder
what is that woman doing to her poor children?
Poor children, indeed! HA!


As a crafty person
it's the parties that really excite me
it's making small moments extra memorable
by just thinking out side of the Dora Explorer lunchbox.
This week I had my first opportunity
when one of my kiddos teachers asked if I would bring snacks
to celebrate my kiddos summer birthday.
I can't even begin to tell you how excited I was
- LOL well that was until I realized
that I would need to keep my budget
itty bitty.
I knew I wanted to go with a bug theme
because my kiddo has been learning about them for weeks now.
I found this very tasty recipe for dirt cake
from the blog Mississippi Kitchen.
To save money I used 100% generic ingredients.
The bowl I picked up from Hobby Lobby
using my 40% of coupon of coarse
and well the lady bugs were a bit of splurge
I picked them up at Craft Warehouse.
I used digi goodies from A Print A Day
and clipart from Pams Clipart


The inspiration for the party favors
came from the blog Sweet Serendipity


Both projects I had my kiddos help me with
I think it's great when you can have them help out
it adds to the memories.
Although it does create more mess in general
and from my brief experience it takes twice as long
as everyone has to get equal job and turns at helping.

5 comments:

Martha said...

You always come up with the cutest ideas, Chelsea Ann. You must be the most fun mom ever!

Esther Duijzer said...

It looks already very nice! ✗✗✗ Essie

Liefgeval said...

This is so sweet! You are such an amazing momma!

Anonymous said...

So cute, you rock being a mamma :)

Miss Mustard said...

This is just adorable (I might just keep that recipe for when my hubby finally graduates...the dirt is perfect, hehe)! I hope your kiddo enjoyed her day!