Birthday Party Fun & Other Wonderfully Sweet Things

When I first started blogging I did a post on napkins. I has scoured the city looking for cute and fun napkins to match my mismatched china. For christmas my mother surprised me by giving me the place mats from that post (the seller was out of napkins). I didn't even know my mom read my blog. It was SO touching! But never the less I still didn't have napkins. But then one day I was surfing Etsy and found Lars & Addie. I fell in love with theses coasters she made. Actually it wasn't really the coasters but the fabric. I'm not sure what to do with coasters :).
I asked really nicely if she could make me napkins with the same fabric and also challenged her to bind them with ric-rac. She said yes... and today I am the happiest little house wife ever! They are PERFECT! Thank you, Thank you, Rhena! They are everything I dreamed of!


Something else fun happened today!
We had a Birthday party for little Lisa the Mushroom! 
(made by Effunia)
Lisa was my very first Etsy purchase!
I love her to death - and it makes me feel good that I've now really caught the buy homemade bug. It so wonderful to support other crafters... and I one day hope that others will love what I like to make too! I'm getting so close to opening my little Etsy Shop. I've been very busy making the Cake Jewelry boxes. I'm thinking about calling them keepsake Cakes. 
What do you think?



Last 2 images feature my "keepsake Cakes"! I would love your thoughts about them!
Its easy to live in our own little bubble admiring our creative genius and entirely missing out on the most important part of the creative process - the critique!
A little positive criticism is the best way to grow as an artist 
and produce the very yummiest results!

10 comments:

Laura Marie said...

Thanks for the tip! i found a background that i love, and have emailed her for help as to how i should put it on my page :) it's really pretty...

Also, i love the napkins!!! they are soooo cute!! i wouldnt want to use them just incase i ruined them! people who come round to yours for dinner are VERY lucky people indeed :) i now want a quilt made out of the material...

laura

Ruth said...

I love the napkins too, and the pictures of the birthday party, it all looks lovely.

Anonymous said...

The napkins are very lovely ! And your keepsake Cakes too ! I loke the name you found for them :)
Lovely birthday Party, you certainly made an Happy Mushroom today. I'm so sure that she will sleep well tonight :) Happy Birthday Lisa :)

~Niki~ said...

the receiving blankets are precious.

Laura Marie said...

Thanks :) ... (i read to the bottom of the page and found out how to change my background my self lol)

I know iv already commented...but i forgot to say that i wish i could remember when i got things....then i could trow them parties like you do....they diserve it...they chear me up all the time :)

laura

Bethany said...

Keepsake cakes is perfect!! So is your home! How cute! I love ric-rac and I never see it... your idea was genius! And Lisa the Mushroom has one of my favorite fabrics on her head. LOVE her!!!

Chelsea said...

LOVE your keepsake cakes!! Very pretty and sweet. Man, I think I might have to make my own napkins with ric rac on the edges.....so cute!

Eva said...

hoorah a celebration :D how did you know my mushroom girl loves those?! hehe cute pics!!!

Anonymous said...

Love them. I think they are very adorable. You have a right to enjoy your creative genius. My favorite is the one with the little rocking horse on top!

Kristen said...

Those are too cute! I know everyone on my Etsy Cottage Style Street Team would be crazy about them :)