Sweet Pink Cake For You!




There is simply not enough time! So many ideas keep popping into my head but either I don't have the time or sadly the energy to get to them all. But that doesn't mean I'm not trying! One thing I'm learning is that you get more done when your having fun! & I always have fun when I'm with the beautiful miss Ashlee... So we are going to get together once a week to craft! I am so excited. Ashlee is such an inspiration to me. In-fact todays post is about my new craft project that was inspired by Ashlee. Today was Ashlee's Birthday! She turned 21... we went out for drinks but she decided that her drink was icky and that she would rather just eat her macaroons - who can blame her?
Anyways- I am so excited to show you project #2 for my upcoming etsy shop! They are two tiered jewelry boxes in the shape of cakes! This is my first one... I just adore it... and Ashlee's was just as cute. We had so much fun, even thought we have blisters from the hot glue gun. 
I have also been busy creating a line up of one of a kind kokeshi dolls... but I'm trying to not let myself share them with you all. I want it to be a surprise. But I'm terribly excited and will probably spill the beans any day now. 

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Waouuuuh ! What a beautiful cake !!!
You have nimble fingers ! :)))

Kristen said...

That cake is amazing... LOVE the colors! I can't wait to see your shop once it's open, I'm going to mark you as a favorite & keep checking back :)

Stink Bone Jones said...

THat cake is ADORABLE!

Was it you that asked about crepe paper tutorials. If so, I had the sweetest woman, Lisa from fairiewindow.etsy.com do a quick tutorial for me and send it via e-mail. I unfortunately do not have the tutorial but I can tell you how.

If you make an oval or a circle, then draw another oval or circle on the inside. Use a pencil. Then put glue on the outer part from the pencil to the edge. Fold your crepe paper like acordian style and keep placing it on the glue as you turn your oval or circle. So basically you want to use an oval or circle cut out and then draw a smaller one on the inside to use as your guide.

Anonymous said...

that is just the cutest cake EVER!!! and I just LOVE your blog! So much eye candy!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

What a darling idea!!!and no calories!!!
Fun rick rack trim!!! One of my favorites:)

kayellen

Bethany said...

These cakes are so much fun! I think my daughter would totally love it!

Christy Amular said...

Oh my that's a beautiful cake! It looks like spun pink cotton candy sugar!